Those who have already discovered this award-winning arts festival will be thrilled to hear that Refract is back for its third edition in and around Sale, this July.
Those who haven’t yet discovered Refract – you’re in for a treat.
Running from Thursday 18 July to Saturday 27 July, this unconventional 10 day festival, curated by Waterside Arts, promises the best in live comedy, music, dance, experiential performance and theatre, with something for everyone.
Highlights at Refract:19 include:
- Japanese rope art from Lumo Theatre in Wiredo
- Award-winning comedy from Tony Law, Sophie Willian and Alun Cochrane
- It wouldn’t be an arts festival without slime-making in libraries – it wouldn’t!
- Art installations in the Golden Years Caravan
- Theatrical performances by Mimika in Landscapes
- A preview of one-man show First Time, as Nathaniel Hall drops in on the way to Edinburgh Fringe (ironically, the second time Nathaniel has brought his show to Sale – read my preview here)
- Cabaret, jazz, folk, dance and even a night with an erotic fiction writer. Of course.
And, of course, so so much more…
To celebrate the return of this wonderfully different and exciting festival to our very own Greater Manchester, I’m running a competition to win a pair of tickets to see Frisky and Mannish in their Poplab – bringing their wildly popular brand of musical infotainment right from BBC Radio 1, BBC2, BBC3 and ITV3, straight to the streets of Sale (well not strictly the streets – just one – Waterside Plaza.
With two pairs up for grabs, for your chance to to see the Pop PhDs themselves on Saturday 20 July, click the link below and follow the instructions (oh it’s nothing sinister, I promise):
Entries close Sunday 7 July and winners will be selected at random.
For the full rundown,dates, tickets and to essentially plan your cultural journey into all that is right in the wonderful world of artistic endeavour, visit the Waterside Arts Refract:19 website now.